Mrs. Teabody Keeps a Journal Day 8: Coro-nizzard*

Today is Friday even though this was written on Thursday but (regrettably) not published. Friday. Remember that.
Five for Friday
Please take note: If you know me at all, you know that I take our present situation seriously. However, there are  far better NEWS sources than I out in the wide media world that will provide factual, well-researched data (by scientific methods) in a manner you can depend on. My little journal is about coping with the world as I see it, no more, no less. --Mrs. Teabody
Tea Tastings and Napping Strategies
Coro-nizzard?
It's the weekend in case you haven't noticed. Each morning a photo pops up on my little device capturing the date years before. If my device can be trusted, the photo above is from April 2018. Snow covered the patio and picnic table completely changing our lunch plans.  Seeing all this snow reminded me that the past three weeks are unlike anything in my experience except for blizzards and snowstorms in the 1990s that left us all off school and snowbound for weeks at a time. In those gray Januarys and Februarys the days blended seamlessly into each other giving us the same loss of awareness of time, dates, our place in it all, and the future. I found some old words about snowstorms and napping and being at home and as unscheduled as anyone can be: "While Mr. T and I watched the woods fill up with snow, we were initially quite lively enjoying each other's company and (in our minds) clever repartee whilst sipping our respective cuppas and watching feathered friends dining at the feeders: a pair of pileated woodpeckers, cardinal couples, other woodpeckers with their confusing names. There is also a lovely Carolina wren  who lives here on a permanent basis."

Just around dusk, I noticed that Mr. T had nodded off during one of my more riveting stories about getting new slipcovers for the living room furniture. His lack of consciousness noted, I turned to watching yet another installment of Hercule Poirot and the very next thing I knew I suddenly woke from my nap to full darkness and the sound of David Suchet's measured tones as he embodied Agatha Christie's brilliant creation. Waking. Sleeping. Waking. Sleeping. Does this  pattern sound at all familiar to you?  Naps always have been and always will be delicious little escapes, snow or not, don't you agree?

But, blimey, I hear the kettle whistling . . . It must be tea time. Ready for your daily five? From our fruit blend collection, here we go. As there is no snow today - -just the effects of the Coro-nizzard-- blizzard-like living situation caused by a virus - - we are taking this lot outside. Furthermore, we will be experimenting with mixing each of these fruity and delectable blends with Moscato. As these teas consist almost entirely of rehydrated fruit, we shall treat each one as a little semi-sangria. In other words we will be marrying tea time with the cocktail hour. You in? Let's proceed.


In a Pear Tree: Pears, apples, cinnamon, vanilla, sunflower petals combine to put you out on a limb sinking your teeth into juicy pear-ness. This is delicious on its own but goes well with Moscato. Very nice play of effervescence against smooth fruitiness.

Lady Mary:  Hibiscus, blossoms, apple bits, raisins, apricot bits, rice flour, candied (sugar) elderberries, peach bits, this is a "Downton Abbey"-inspired tea brimming with luscious apricot and peach flavors. This is delicious on its own but goes well with Moscato. Even better as the hibiscus lends an incredibly pink, one might even say dark magenta hue to the brew.

Lemon Meringue: Rose hips, hibiscus, vanilla, lemongrass, lemon peel, apple bits, blackberry leaves.This is delicious on its own but goes well with Moscato.  Oh, my, I'd initially thought the delicate lemon flavor could not stand up to the bubbliness of the wine but I found it to be a good idea to add some ice and then change into my pajamas.


Lin’s Secret: Apple pieces, blood orange, hibiscus blossoms, rose hips, orange peels, lemon peels, safflower blossoms. Now you know what’s in it, but how does she get it to taste that way? SHHHHHH, it’s a secret. This is delicious on its own but goes well with Moscato. Our living room couch is a very comfortable place to enjoy this either third or fourth blend of sweet bubbly wine with a really pretty, sunrise-hued and flavorful tea. So sparkly.


Little Jack Horner: Rooibos and fruit blend with hibiscus, apple, rose hips, raisins, plum bits cinnamon. You’d sit in the corner all day willingly if you had this brilliant cuppa.This is delicious on its own but goes well with Moscato. Plum delicious. That's all I have.


What a lovely experiment with our latest quintet of fruity blends. My afternoon's research has taught me that when I mix ANY one of these teas half and half with a nice Moscato, I have a VERY shippable, I mean sippable, afternoon cockTEAtail, perfect for a Coro-nizzard. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mrs. Teabody Reflects on Hallowe'en and Asks Forbearance for Rushing the Seasons

Mrs. Teabody Reflects on a Trip and Kindness

Mrs. Teabody Celebrates Her Father